Electrical question about splicing into one hot wire for a light from a set of hots for 220 circuit

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes it can be done, BUT. You need to make sure that that 240V circuit has a neutral as well as a ground included (at least four wires) As the others have suggested, I will also. There are a few possible glitches that may come up and you may will miss one and end up with a dangerous situation if you want to do this yourself. I suggest hiring a professional. Also make sure you get a permit, it would not be good to find out that your home fire insurance will not pay off because of un-authorized wiring.
--
Joseph Meehan

Thank you Joseph for the most intelligent and decent response.