Electrical putty vs. silicone for sealing exterior electrical holes?

What is better for sealing around holes in the house where wires enter and exit -- electrical putty or silicone?
I just use regular silicone. GE makes a good silicone. I'm not to familiar with electrical putty.
Electrical putty, or duxeal, tends to dry out over time, I prefer GE silicone where fire rated sealant isn't required

blueman wrote:

Assuming you don't need the additional electrical insulation, then I would use silicone.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It\'s Irish Math