Electrical push connectors blow!

I finished wiring up my 3 way switches I asked about a while ago, but the one switch only worked in one position. I assumed I had a common and traveller reversed somewhere, but the wiring seemed fine. I finally pulled both switches to check continuity and the same push connector was bad on both switches, as well as a third switch I have for another circuit. I changed to the screw connectors on both switches and all is beautiful now!
Thanks to Terry and RBM for the original help. I did end up cutting out the entire ceiling betyween the two fixtures as you suggested. :-)
On 4/12/2008 4:31 PM Bill Stock spake thus:

Note to self: Never use those stupid push connectors. That's what [insert name of deity here] made the screw connectors for.
conversation with the average voter.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

The push connectors are terrible, but the screw clamped back wire devices are really nice, particularly when using stranded wire. The only seem to come on the "spec grade" devices and above.
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:22:45 -0700, David Nebenzahl

I think I used them when I made some changes when I first moved in. I thought I was being modern. I think we're only talking about at most 5 receptacles and 2 switches, all in one room.
They call them "back stab" for a reason.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Guess you didn't mention you would be backstabbing it to hook it up. If you did you would have got many one word replies - "Don't".
Someone please tell me why they even put that options on?! They are notorious for failing as well as a fire and safety bombshell waiting to go off, yet, code must allow it.