electrical protective plate code

Someone at Home Depot was telling me that there is a new regulation in Ontario that the electrical code that says that all outlets now have to have some type protective steel plate around the outlet box. Has anyone heard of this ? I just did a full install in my house in the basement and this is the first I hear of this !
car crash wrote:

No clue about Canadian code but what will control in your jurisdiction is the version of the code as adopted locally. Call the building permit folks and ask if there's any new/such requirement.

dpb wrote:

Intended to add... :)
Even if there were something new, it would undoubtedly only apply to future work, not be retroactive.