Electrical problem for the gurus

The first floor of our house is about 40 years old. The 2nd floor is about

18 years old. Almost all of the electrical outlets on the first floor give a maddening, stress-inducing effect when anything is plugged into them. Someone said this is caused by a strong electromagnetic field. I can't explain the sensation, but immediate stress/anxiety sets in when something is plugged in. Also, our UPS battery backup has a built-in "Building Wiring Fault" light, and all the outlets that cause this stress also fail the wiring test. Now, upstairs, everything is great and none of the outlets have this problem.

Can somebody offer any clue as to what might be the problem, and where to begin looking/working? If we did get an electrician, would they think we were crazy if we told them what some of the downstairs outlets were doing to us? BTW, only a couple of people in my family can "feel" the effect of the bad outlets. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Reply to
matthew

This sounds like a troll. The description of a maddening effect is a bit much to believe.

You get get a good tester and take readings of all the outlets.

Reply to
roger61611

Reply to
matthew

matthew spake thus:

Generally two varieties. One lives under bridges, as you already know; the other posts annoying/aggravating/irritating messages on fora such as this.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I think you wandered wayyy off topic there, buddy.

We'll post back > matthew spake thus:

under bridges, as you already know;

Reply to
matthew

Reply to
Professional

Reply to
buffalobill

matthew spake thus:

And this is a problem how? What, do you think there's some committee here enforcing posting and making sure threads stay on-topic?

You asked a question; I answered it.

[...]

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

You forgot the Priest. he probably needs to have his outlets exorcised just to be sure.

Reply to
Avery