Electrical Panel Question

Page 2 of 2
Unfortunately, that's about $1700 more than I can afford! I'll add my $75 subpanel and if/when the time comes to put up a shop, I'll bite the bullet then. Cheers, cc

Hiya Folks, Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their comments. After giving it some thought I just went ahead and did the job myself. So I now have a small subpanel feeding my new tablesaw and my cyclone (when I finish building it!). There were no sparks (kidding!) and it seems to work fine.
Interesting thing though. I called my municipality about permits/inspections etc.... and they still haven't called me back. I'm pretty confident my install is up to code so when they do finally get with me, I hope it's a quick sign-off.
Thanks again folks for all the help!
Cheers, cc