Electrical outlets for microwave and refregerator

We are moving into a condo soon. In our current home the microwave and 'fridge plug into standard 11 V. outlets. No problems here. The new place has special or dedicated outlets for these two items.

In what way are these outlets different from standard outlets?

Peter.

Reply to
PVR

PVR rambled on about something in :

If they look the same, I suspect the only difference is that the fridge is on a breaker by itself, and the microwave is the same.

(I assume that the "11 v outlet" above is a typo, and you meant

110v. )

HTH!

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Thanks, I'll check breaker assignments. And yes it was a typo; we don't have

11 v. supply here.

Peter.

Reply to
PVR

The outlets themselves are no different. It's how they are connected that is different.

A dedicated outlet is one that has its own circuit. There is no other outlet or device on that wire.

This is usually done with an appliance (like a microwave or a heater) that draws so much current that if anything else turned on it would overload the circuit and the breaker would trip. Or it could be an appliance (like a refrigerator) that sometimes interfers with other devices on the circuit. Or it could be an appliance (like a computer) that is affected by even small rises and drops in the current.

Enjoy your new condo.

Peter

Reply to
peter