Electrical Mast Bent

A tree limb fell on our power line and bent our electric/cable service mast. Does anyone know how expensive this will be to have repaired? Do you think homeowners insurance will cover it?

Reply to
merideth1

How badly bent is it? Electricity bends and flows around corners so it may not be a big deal.

Ask an electrician how much it will cost. I can't see it from here so I can tell if you need a step ladder or a boom truck to reach it or how far off the road you are.

I also have no idea what type of policy you have, but your insurance agent probably will.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

A professional tree cutter, cutting one of my trees, dropped a branch on the neighbor's service line, tearing it off the house and damaging it. The cost to fix it was $400, including the temporary wire they put up to get power back to the house on an emergency basis. This was a few years ago, and materials are way more expensive these days. I would think that it would cost nearly double today. Insurance should cover it as an "act of god" unless someone did something to "encourage" the tree branch to fall.

There are a huge number of variables here, such as size of service, height of mast, etc. Your electric / cable provider might also charge to connect or disconnect service to the mast while it is being repaired.

As the other poster said, it is really hard to see it from here, and you really haven't given us too much to work from.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

You are asking this group to determine your insurance coverage?

Reply to
franz frippl

on 9/10/2007 10:26 PM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said the following:

Give me your name, address, policy number, and name of your insurance company and I will call them and ask. I might not be able to get back to you for a few days. My fee is $100.00 plus expenses.

Reply to
willshak

I always find posters like this to be in the same category of flys, mosquitos and rats. All they are is pests that irritate people with their entirely useless messages.

If the posted a picture and asked if the amount of bend would cause electrical problems, that would be acceptable, but asking the price and in this case the insurance coverage means the person is either a complete idiot or a troll. (or both).

Apparently they are too stupid to use a telephone......

Reply to
alvinamorey

Does anyone know how expensive this will be to have repaired?

Thank you for those of you who replied with some helpful information. I just bought my first house and this problem happened during a time when our insurance agent couldn't be reached. Being a new homeowner and panicked I was hoping to hear aabout someone else's experience and I wasn't trying to ask you to determine MY insurance coverage. I really do appreciate the helpful comments - for those who were not - I'm sorry you feel the need to be actively negative instead of ignoring this post.

Reply to
merideth1