electrical lighting mystery

I have two hanging pendants over my kitchen island in my new home (50W halogen bulbs). One went out a week or so ago...thought it burned out so I got a new bulb. New bulb didn't work....so I thought it must be the lighting fixture. Tried the bulb in the other light to make sure it worked and did (so did the old bulb, not burned out...). But - when I put a bulb in the not-working fixture when they power is on (I was experimenting) the light works fine - both are on. I leave them on, they are fine. If I turn them off and turn them back on, they both come back on. BUT...when I turn them off and leave them for awhile (20mins+) then the one doesn't come back on again!?! Do you think it is a bad light fixture or something else electrical? Terribly confused....
Thanks
This is what the fixture looks like (not exact model) just in case: http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2FsearchResults.jsp&N)84&keyword=pendant&x=0&y=0
Nothing to be confused about. You have a bad socket. Halogen lamps burn real hot and burn out the contact metal in the socket

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2FsearchResults.jsp&N)84&keyword=pendant&x=0&y=0
RBM wrote:

That was my first guess, but I would not rule out some sort of power supply problem. Is this line voltage or low voltage halogen lamps?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
John Grabowski wrote:

And, TURN THE POWER OFF before you stick that screwdriver in.
Also, if they are screw base bulbs look at the contact at the bottom center of the socket. If it's flattened down, try pulling it up a bit with a piece of stiff wire with a small "L" bent at its end.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Hire a professional
On 10 Dec 2006 15:09:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com spake thus:

Oh, you always say that.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really