Electrical Code question re grounding

Situation: conductors run through conduit from service equipment to a subpanel. There is an appropriately-sized disconnect in the service panel.

Question: Does the NEC require that the equipment groundING conductor be run through the *same* conduit as the groundED (neutral) and ungrounded (hot) conductors?

I am unable to find any place in the Code where this situation is addressed, either permitting or prohibiting it, whether explicitly or implicitly.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thank you -- guess I need to get a newer code book. :-)

Reply to
Doug Miller

According to Doug Miller :

As a general FYI, both NEC and CEC requires that all conductors for a circuit are "together". Ie: same cable sheath or same conduit or same raceway etc.

Idea being that subsequent renovations don't leave you with something really wierd. Neutral on wrong circuit. Etc.

Haywiring grounds (ie: separate grounding retrofits in old houses) is an exception that the inspector will usually permit (depending on what the other end is attached to). Ditto certain kinds of K&T fixes.

You could never do K&T techniques now, no matter what you used for wire, because of these rules.

Reply to
Chris Lewis