electrical code question

Doing a kitchen. Signed off on rough, walls are closed, its plastered and painted. Now the owner wants to move the sink to a different location in counter. If sink is moved an electrical outlet is there and the switch for the pig. I know that one cannot have wiring on wall above the sink. I know that a box cannot be buried. Is there any solution that would be legal and look decent that anyone knows of?

TIA.

Oreo

Reply to
oreo123

I think you are calling the drywall guy and the painter back. It's only money, tell the customer how much moving the sink will cost and leave it up to them.

Reply to
Greg

On 05 Nov 2004 04:01:21 GMT "Greg" used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

That would be burying the box, wouldn't it?

Reply to
G. Morgan

No if you have the drywall guy there, ripping out a piece of wall and doing this right is a trivial task. My wife is a builder and she thinks nothing of cutting out whatever is necessary to do things right. It is no more work to fix a big hole than a small one and it is easier to hide the joints if you work to a corner or the edge of a sheet. A good painter is going to want to paint to a corner too. If you have a break in the wall a slight difference in color will not show.

Reply to
Greg

Remove the outlet. This is a reconstruction project--changing your mind can be expensive.

Reply to
Phisherman

Why do you think that you're not allowed to have wiring in the wall above the sink?

Reply to
default

Tell the owner you'll have to tear out a *big* section of plaster to move the outlet, and what that will cost (including replastering and repainting) to fix it. Then let her decide.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I'd add a 10% to that cost as a PITA reinbursment expense.

Tony

Reply to
Tony