Electrical/cable service strain relief?

I need the strain relief that holds the cable to my house. The clerks at Lowes/HD have no idea what I'm talking about. It crimps to the cable and is then attached to the side of the house, giving some slack in the cable. The electrical service has these too, but the one for my cable service was hit by a branch. And I'm not a cable customer so I doubt they'll rush out here to fix this for a non-customer. Right now the cable is just hanging down on the ground.

Electrical supply store only?

Reply to
mkerna

if you're not a cable customer, then just cut it down and be done.

S. Barker

I thing they are called a wedge cable grip or something like that. And as you found out you need to go to a real supply house to get them.

Reply to
George

Reply to
mkerna

Even if you're not a cable customer, their plant is creating a safety hazard on your property so they should fix it. An unterminated cable could affect service for your neighbors. They'll probably respond with a sales pitch, but you're under no obligation to buy anything.

Reply to
Bob

TV cable is usually hung from the internal messenger wire that is piggybacked under the jacket. You don't want to pinch a coax under a wedge hanger

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah, I called and they definitely wanted me to subscribe. Cable is too expensive, though. They're sending someone out to fix it in a week. Good enough I guess.

Reply to
mkerna

oh it's possible. believe me.

S. Barker