Electrical/cable service strain relief?

I need the strain relief that holds the cable to my house. The clerks at Lowes/HD have no idea what I'm talking about. It crimps to the cable and is then attached to the side of the house, giving some slack in the cable. The electrical service has these too, but the one for my cable service was hit by a branch. And I'm not a cable customer so I doubt they'll rush out here to fix this for a non-customer. Right now the cable is just hanging down on the ground.
Electrical supply store only?
if you're not a cable customer, then just cut it down and be done.

Not possible, since it originates from the middle of a cable 12ft off the ground.

oh it's possible. believe me.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I thing they are called a wedge cable grip or something like that. And as you found out you need to go to a real supply house to get them.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Even if you're not a cable customer, their plant is creating a safety hazard on your property so they should fix it. An unterminated cable could affect service for your neighbors. They'll probably respond with a sales pitch, but you're under no obligation to buy anything.
Yeah, I called and they definitely wanted me to subscribe. Cable is too expensive, though. They're sending someone out to fix it in a week. Good enough I guess.

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:54:16 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

TV cable is usually hung from the internal messenger wire that is piggybacked under the jacket. You don't want to pinch a coax under a wedge hanger