Electrical boxes -- screw size?

I have mislaid the screws that originally held one of those old ceramic light sockets in place on a hard plastic ("Bakelite"? Or is that a British name?) box.
What size and thread are those screws?
Perce

Not sure what your asking for, but there are ceramic lampholders that screw to 3 and 4 inch round boxes, which use 8/32 machine screws
On 01/01/10 02:32 pm, RBM wrote:

8-32 was my guess, but it just pushed through the first hole. Worked fine in the second hole, so I used a sheet-metal screw in the first hole, which I assume had a stripped thread.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Octagon (ceiling) box screws are 8-32. Wall box screws are 6-32. Fan support box screws and ground connection screws are 10-32.
Both ceiling and wall box screws are typically about 1-1/4" long, combo head. But if you're like me and you use the old antique pressed brass switch/receptacle cover plates, you'll need to buy a pack of 6-32 *flat* head screws to hold in your switches and receps.
Oddly enough I was just in the Orange Colored Store last night because I'd used the last of my stash of ceiling box screws, and they *didn't sell them.* When I asked the electrical guy, he said "huh, that's a good idea, wonder why we don't carry those." I bet Dominion sells 'em but I won't be able to get over there until next Saturday.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel