Electrical Box On Wood Siding Question

Hello,
Will be putting up a Deck light, which will be mounted against the typical horizontal wood siding.
I see that they have available at HD a plastic mount for the light which has a tapered groove (or slot) on the side that is mounted to the siding. The taperered groove thereby allows the mount, and lamp, to fit all nice and square, and perpendicular as if it were a flat wall it was being mounted against.
I will probably have to run some pvc conduit to a new electrical box also on the siding. Think they are called BELL boxes. They're the AL ones that are about 4 inches, more or less, square and have holes on each side and bottom to accept threaded fittings.
Does anyone offer any kind of tapered "piece" to allow a box of this kind to also fit vertically on the siding rather than at the siding's angle ? Can't seem to find any.
Was hoping that there might be a thin tapered piece with athe appropriate angle on one surface to place between the box and siding.
Or, any other suggestions ?
Thanks, B.

You could cut a tapered shim to the appropriate size to go under the box. Make it a " or so smaller on all sides to kinda hide it. Make sure it's PT or cypress, etc.

box and fixture to keep water out. You may want to leave a little drain spot open at the bottom.
Don Young
Robert11 wrote:

If it were me I wouldn't bother with a shim. I would just mount the box on the angle of the siding and use a heat gun to form the offset in the PVC conduit. Kevin