Electrical box extension ring?

ll work for you.

house -- if what you want

Record this folks! It;s the first time in history that krw has admitted he was wrong....

Reply to
trader4

Dunno why you would have problems finding them. I live in a small town of 2,000 pop and there are no less than 3 stores that either have them in stock or can order.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

ll work for you.

house -- if what you want

I have bought both the box extenders and the mud rings in my local hardware stores.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

work for you.

house -- if what you want

As usual, you're full of shit but even you've figured that out by now.

Reply to
krw

com:

x.com:

"

will work for you.

ply house -- if what you want

ide quoted text -

LOL. Then show us where you've admitted you were wrong before. Try taking a look at the recent thread where you were totally wrong about what a 3 wire vs 4 wire oven connection is all about. You kept telling me I was wrong and as usual started with the attitude and name calling. In the end, you had two electricians RBM and Bud telling you that you were wrong. Not one person agreed with anything you had to say. And in the end, instead of admitting you were wrong, as usual, you finally just went away.

And it's funny you finally found those extension rings exactly where I told you in my post, which was the first response to your question. Maybe you can find the mythical "netural requirement" for a range there too, but I don't think so.....

Reply to
trader4

If it were me, I'd just cut a hole in the pegboard to expose the outlet. You're not going to hang anything over the outlet anyway,

Reply to
willshak

Oh, oh!! Now he will start a thread about how to find a saw to cut the hole!

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

To be fair, I've commonly been frustrated with the Big Boxen because stuff that "they ought to have" or that their inventory may say they have just isn't there.

I ran into this over the weekend at a HD in MD... looking for some of the Philips LED bulbs, they weren't on the shelf, there was no space on the shelf for them, I called up a picture of what I was looking for on my phone and the associate (to her credit, very friendly and helpful) called another associate over because once she saw the pictures she remembered them being on a freestanding display that wasn't there anymore... anyhow, they were on a high shelf, not labeled, not priced... even if I'd wanted to get them myself and somehow located them I would have needed a ladder to get to them.

So really when you go to the store you need to be armed with an exact description of what you're looking for, and be prepared for disappointment if it's not in stock.

Often, a supply house or Dale Electric is a less frustrating solution.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

will work for you.

house -- if what you want

quoted text -

Your claim, liar. The reality is that you're projecting, again.

Reply to
krw

I really don't like that idea for a number of reasons. Stuff will fall down behind the pegboard. It's hard to make a decent cutout without some sort of edging. Without edging, the pegboard will chip. That's really an ugly solution. Raising the outlet covers is much better. Thinking about it more, I would *really* prefer the spacer type over the "adjustable" sleeve type.

Reply to
krw

It's hanging on the peg board, silly!

Reply to
krw

My way, you got the outlet between the wall and the pegboard. Plugs will be hidden behind the pegboard with only the cords sticking out. Your way, the plugs will be outside the pegboard and in danger of being hit with tools that you are taking off and hanging back up. What do you expect will be falling into the small hole? Certainly not tools. Maybe some screws, nails, etc. Leave a gap at the bottom of the pegboard so that any small things that fall into the hole will fall out the bottom. That's just what I would do. YMMV

Reply to
willshak

Why not tools? I can imagine screwdrivers and saw blades falling in there. No thanks. Cords outside aren't an issue. They'll be outside anyway.

That precludes horizontal supports for the pegboard. No thanks.

Reply to
krw

If you do it that way I would build a "box" of furring strips around each recep. At first I thought the idea was doglick but when you explain it that way it actually makes sense.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Here you go!

Get a 1/2" one and a 3/8" one and you'll have 7/8" Krazy glue or epoxy the two together or use long screws.

Reply to
willshak