Electrical box extension ring?

Page 1 of 2
...or "mud ring".
Anyone have a good source for these things? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I found one online source but their order form doesn't work (and it's not clear they'll fit).
http://www.cpesupply.com/
The basic problem: I want to attach pegboard to my shop wall. I want to use furring strips to mount the pegboard but I need to add 7/8" (5/8" furring strip + 1/4" pegboard) to the outlet and switch boxes to make them work right.
On Apr 28, 7:00 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

HD, Lowes has them.
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:17:36 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

I didn't see any either in the stores or online. They had some that fit 4" J-boxes (to convert them for one or two outlets/switches or just to accommodate more wires) but nothing for outlet/switch "handy" boxes. I see them talked about in the various home repair sites but no source. This can't be a unique situation.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in wrote:

Search Lowes.com for these two item numbers and see if either one will work for you. 114592 31293
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 02:31:23 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

No, those are intended to make a double-deep box so it can be stuffed with more wires, not to bring the face plate even with the wall. They're 2" deep and I need 7/8" (really, something that I can vary). The other issue is plastic vs. metal.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in wrote:

Best suggestion I have, in that case, is to go to an electrical supply house -- if what you want exists, they'll be able to get it for you.
On 4/29/2013 7:39 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

I've been looking for them recently, planning to put wainscoting in dining area...I'm sure the big-box stores have them, but I haven't confirmed that. My project is on hold in order to landscape and put in a garden, repair pond plumbing, blah, blah. Do a google on "electrical receptacle extender (or extension)". My local electrician said he had them, but was uncertain of the size. With all of the wainscoting and tiling that folks do, I would guess they are stocked lots of places, just not online much.

You'd better check before you finish planning your work. They are *NOT* available in the big box stores. I've looked in dozens of them (been planning this for some time)as well as their online sites. I'll try a couple of electrical supply houses, if they'll deal with the general public. Most won't.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in
[...]

Try Dale Electric: www.dale-electric.com
Here in Indianapolis, for stuff I can't get at the big-box stores, I usually go to Allied Wholesale Electrical Supply www.awesi.com -- they sell online as well, and don't mind dealing with the general public, your money is as green there as anybody else's.
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:23:31 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Thanks. Bookmarked.

On Apr 29, 9:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

hat

y"

but

ll work for you.

house -- if what you want

I have bought both the box extenders and the mud rings in my local hardware stores.
Harry K

I've searched several Borgs, for hours. After all of you telling me that I'm blind, I stopped by the Borg (needed some 2x6s to replace some support walls downstairs) and searched until I found them. They were in a box in a corner up high. I would never have found them if I hadn't *known* they were there.
I ordered them from Amazon, anyway. I need a bunch of them and Amazon is a *lot* cheaper.
Thanks all!
On Apr 29, 8:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

hat

y"

but

ll work for you.

house -- if what you want

Record this folks! It;s the first time in history that krw has admitted he was wrong....
On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:11:32 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

As usual, you're full of shit but even you've figured that out by now.
On Apr 30, 4:43 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

e that

or

andy"

es but

will work for you.

fed

).

ply house -- if what you want

t in

ical

had

nd

on

ide quoted text -

LOL. Then show us where you've admitted you were wrong before. Try taking a look at the recent thread where you were totally wrong about what a 3 wire vs 4 wire oven connection is all about. You kept telling me I was wrong and as usual started with the attitude and name calling. In the end, you had two electricians RBM and Bud telling you that you were wrong. Not one person agreed with anything you had to say. And in the end, instead of admitting you were wrong, as usual, you finally just went away.
And it's funny you finally found those extension rings exactly where I told you in my post, which was the first response to your question. Maybe you can find the mythical "netural requirement" for a range there too, but I don't think so.....
On Wed, 1 May 2013 05:54:55 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Your claim, liar. The reality is that you're projecting, again.

I'm not sure what you're after but Fastenal has some box extensions. http://tinyurl.com/bmfoq49
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:42:57 -0500, Dean Hoffman

One of those is like the one Doug Miller pointed out at Lowes, intended to increase the capacity of a metal handy box. The others do the same for 4" J-boxes. I've seen those but that doesn't help. Thanks, though.

*Amazon sell the Arlington plastic extensions as well as others: (Amazon.com product link shortened)89&creative25&index=aps&keywords=electrical%20extension%20box&linkCode=ur2&tag=mrelect-20
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 06:43:51 -0400, "John Grabowski"

Great! Thanks! I don't know how I missed them yesterday. I searched with exactly the words you used. <oh well>