Electrical - 3-way, Power on Traveler

Have a 3w switch and am trying to locate it's use. Did a quick check of some lights, outlets/split outlets. Lots more trial & error to cover.
Is this any indication of what configuration I am looking for?
- White on common (dark terminal and verified it's common with wires off and a meter). - Black (hot) on traveler - same physical side as common. - Red on traveler (opposite side of common and other traveler).
Removing the wires from the switch and all open, black is hot, white & red cold.
Thanks, Al

If I understand your question you have a 3 way and you don't know what it is for.
Leave it disconnected and find what is not working.

That's where I'm at with it now Terry. Thanks for responding.