electrical

2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??
tommy me 'oy are ye doin homework?

Living up to the reputation of Homerepair live
P=IV
P/V=I
2000/208= 9.6A rms Nominal

208 your next assignment is to compute that value.
That should start a squabble ;-)

True enough, 208V implies 3 phase which is uncommon in residential (but not unheard of). To answer that would require knowing how the load is wired.
Given the incomplete nature of the question, my answer is adequate for a home repair live OP. This poster also wants a 4 foot thick slab, who knows whats up without background info.
Tommy wrote:

Where did you find a 208V supply?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:18:38 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?
Goedjn wrote:

Sure is.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw wrote:

3-Phase Wye is 208V, Delta is 240V
MikeB
Goedjn wrote:

That what I was thinking, but unless this was a homework assignment, I find it unlikely that the question would ever come up for someone using 3 phase. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Warehouse/commercial space often has 120/208V and no 240V. It's quite common in, say, warehouse -> office conversions to have to deal with not having 240V when you're putting in things like heaters, dryers stoves etc.
In one office I was in, the computer disk drives (Fujitsu Eagles, back in the days when they were 14" 200 pound rackmount beasties) were on 208V.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Chris Lewis wrote:

Thinking of it that way it does make sense. Thanks.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit