electric wire short on my Lawnmower

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 02:14:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@thenet.moc wrote:

Sounds like a lot, but think of the satisfaction and the lack of dependence on someone who might do it wrong.
Cost of Ohm Meter $4 HF Cost of book to learn to use it $30 or find one at the library, or ask a series of questions here. Cost of replacement wire for mower $0.69. Cost of electrical tape to connect the wire $1.59
Add pictures here
✖

Better buy about 15 of those $4 HF meters. Each one will last about 30 minutes, so if the learning takes 6 hours, there goes 12 HF meters, leaving only 3 to do the repair. Like any of the cheap imported junk sold at HF, you cant expect it to last for more than one use. But 15 meters will only cost $60 (plus tax). Which is just about the same price of a quality Fluke brand meter which will last for many years.

Or just go to http://www.wikihow.com/Use-an-Ohmmeter Costs nothing.... Use the saved $30 to buy a QUALITY meter. (unless you're anti-American or have friends in China or Taiwan you want to support by shopping at HF).

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 04:00:30 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dotcom.com wrote:

I know how you feel but I've had some $4 ones for years, used them for hundreds of measurements. One function doesn't work in one of them, but I burned it out myself. Had it set on 20 VDC and put it on 110vac. I"ve ruined a couple other functions in more expensive meters over the last 45 years.

I'm no fan of China, but online made an outrageous claim.

Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 10, 8:48 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Where can you get a 4-year education for on;y $78, 950 ????
Add pictures here
✖
If you give it away just show the person how you get it to start. I wouldn't care if you gave it to me!
Jerry
✖

I am guessing that this is an electric start lwnmower. You did not specifically say, also a make and model ID would have reduced some of the guessing that your poor ID has caused. If it is electric start, you seem to be saying that when you push or turn the start switch, that the electic motor that turns the gas motor does not operate. Can you confirm this, also is it a push or a turn switch?? Then we can go from that pont. But you must learn to be much more specific if you want a rational answer posted here.
Add pictures here
✖