Electric Start Backpack Blower Question

Sittin' in the office thinking about a new toy....
Can backpack blowers with electric starters be started while you are wearing them?
I have a recoil-only model which I love except for the fact that I have to take it off to start it.
There's a switch on the throttle handle to turn it off, but no way to restart it unless it's on the ground.
If an electric start model can be started while I'm wearing it, I might get one and give the recoil-only model to my son.

What happens when you Google...?
If it's that bad, have your son try it. -----
- gpsman

They are probably manual choke, where are the choke controls? On the back? Yes if they are on the hand throttle. Read up on them.

Never saw an electric start. Seems to me the extra weight would not be worth the convenience. Plus now you'd have battery mantenance to deal with on your blower. Most people wait till they are ready to blow every thing then start it and go.

A quick Google search turned up this Ryobi unit. I didn't look at the video yesterday, but I did today.
It does start with the push of a button on the handle. Battery charges while the unit's running.
I've been using hand held and backpack blowers for years and I don't think I've ever had a session where I wasn't starting and stopping to blower multiple times.
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/outdoors/outdoor-power-equipment/ryobi/gas-backpack-180-mph-350-cfm-blower-5735.html
On 05/02/2011 03:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

For what its worth I once purchased an electric start 2 cycle grass trimmer. It was great for a few years until the battery died. I then found out that a replacement battery's cost was $60 bucks! Guess where that trimmer ended up after I bought a new (manual start) trimmer for $70. The latter is still going strong after 6 years use.
John