Electric Shavers: Design/function vs. performance

Some of the norelco rechargeables use non-replaceable nicads, that are soldered to the pcb, difficult to remove, difficult to re-install. Easier to do the wallwart-gut.

A friend gave me

Never ever throw out wallwarts.... LOL

Reply to
Existential Angst

The issue is the old ones leaked. The new nicads work but when plugged in, the shaver hisses as SOMETHING is overheating.

Preaching to the choir, son. I have cartons full of same.

Reply to
David Lesher

My problem with blades wasn't scalping myself (though that was some problem), rather ingrown hairs. Twenty years ago, I simply gave up. Problem solved.

Reply to
krw

At one time I had some beard hairs that resembled mechanical pencil leads. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Electrics seem to address that as well, in varying degrees. Also, I think the skin adapts.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Sure. They don't cut as close so the hairs don't "catch" as they grow. I use an electric trimmer.

It doesn't. It's an issue with the shape of the hair rather than the skin.

Reply to
krw