Electric Salvation

I finally solved my electric woes. I had low voltage problems throughout my house. After running lots of test I came to the conclusion it had to be a problem outside my house. I called PECO to check it and they came out they said there was water leaking in to my electric meter and I would have to pay to have it replaced. Since I have backup power to all my electronics I was in no rush to pay for this.

Just the other day (about 6 months later) I came home to a note on my door that said, PECO has performed service and replace an outside connection. And just like that my power is working 100%. I check the meter and its the same so I am not sure what they did.

I am just amazed at this. I guess sometimes it pays to be a procrastinator.

Reply to
Bob

They probably just wirebrushed or sanded the connections. Now that it's fixed, apply silicone to anywhere where water can leak in. A $4 caulking tube of silicone will save you money in the long run.

I bet you get charged for the repair in your next elec. bill.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

Around Raleigh NC they are replacing meters with digital meters. Power bills go up because, as it turns out, the old meters slow down with age.

Reply to
Art

Can you tell if the meter has a new seal? If so, the utility may have repaired or inspected the connections in the socket. In many cases the utility is responsible for the meter itself, but the customer is responsible for the enclosure. The problem could have been in the line prior to the meter.

Reply to
Bob