Electric Range Wiring

Hi;
I had a gas range in my kitchen. I want to install an electric range. Should I use 6 gauge or 8 gauge wiring?
Thanks Pat

#6 copper will be sufficient for any residential electric range. #8 copper will be sufficient for most residential electric ranges

Definitely #6 if you will getting a double oven with that or an oven with a warming drawer..

gas is far better for burners.
by the time you add a new breaker, proper cable etc etc. remember 4 wire cable and receptable is now required
you will find it far cheaper to stick with gas.........

Good point. And I've never been able to broil a steak well with electric.

gas probably costs less to operate too. the instant heat instant off makes frying etc easier
Natural gas gives you a heat source when the electric is off. I've used mine several times, for emergency heat.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
komobu wrote:

depends.

How about a manufacturer & model number?
What is the current draw? How big is the circuit breaker?
cheers Bob