Electric pressure washer looses pressure after 8 sec.

I have a small Simoniz Pressure washer 1300psi (1700 psi with special nozzle). I used it one this summer and it worked fine. The second time I used it, it started loosing pressure after 8seconds or so. So if I let go of the trigger, and wait 15 seconds or so, then I get pressure again for 8sec. But if I continue using it after it looses pressure it lows the breakers in my house (because it's drawing too much power). Any idea why that happens and how to fix it? The unit is about 4 years old and used twice each summer. Thanks.

lbbss

Reply to
labicff

It is possible that you don't have enough "juice". Think they need 15 amps to run so make sure you have nothing else plugged in. Or you may have a clog in the hose. Or you may have debris in the water inlet screen - check and clean. Or you may have an air block in your pump. Remove the wand and let the water run through for a bit then try it. Other than that it could be the water supply - are you on a well? I bet you dont have enough power - your machine should be directly plugged into a 3 prong grounded outlet. If using an extension cord it should be of equal guage and 3 prong as well.

Reply to
robson

It sounds like the supply hose is kinked.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Up to 50', 12 should be OK. Longer, I'd go with 10.

Reply to
PanHandler

I would not use anything lighter than a 12 gauge extension.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan