electric pads in tile enough to heat bathroom?

I am remodeling a 8x6 bathroom that has no forced air vent in it. The room is chronically colder than the 60-65 I keep the bedroom it juts off of and occ. gets a little mold on the north wall (not an "interior" wall).I live in Pugetopolis so it never gets bloody cold, but is often damp. Would one of those prefab mats one puts under the tiles (wire not hydro heating) be able to raise a 55-60 degree room to the 70 that keeps the mold down or are those things just for the luxury of warm feet? TIA blacksalt

Reply to
kalanamak

get convert and compare the wattage of the floor unit to the results of an in-bathroom test by you of a 1500 watt hairdryer or portable heater. then to an infrared 250 watt heat lamp. then to a 500 watt halogen worklight. some experimenting with these heating devices will be required to come to your comfortable conclusion.

Reply to
buffalobill

Running a vent may not cost more but will cost alot less in the long run, not to mention it wont smell bad any longer.

Reply to
m Ransley

If you use sufficient amount of heating mat, sure, it'll heat it up to

  1. Understand that the resistive underfloor heating works a little differently - you're radiating heat, not convecting it. Your feet will be warmer and you will be comfortable at a lower air temperature.

Check out the Warmly Yours web site. They are very helpful, can answer your questions, provide free layout services and give you pricing.

RicodJour