Electric motor

I replaced the electric motor on my pool pump a couple days ago.
After looking over the document that came with it I now see:
"Temperature around the motor should not exceed 104F ..."
Well dang. I live in the desert and many days are 110 in the shade during Summer:) On July 4th it was 116. Homes around here don't have pump houses and motors are exposed to the extreme heat. Granted, the motor will not run all day in the Summer.
So, is this upper temp limit the maximum range for continuous/constant operation or a point when serious damage starts to happen?
The motor has an auto thermal protection. Would this trip motor in extreme heat like we have?
Thanks,
-- Oren

Wouldnt the pump pumping cool water help cool it, if it has thermal protection dont worry id say.
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:37:50 -0800, Oren wrote:

Motor make and model please?

Emerson EB842 1.5 HP, PH 1, Volts 208-230, HZ 60
(*emersonmotors.com)
-- Oren
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:31:42 -0800, Oren wrote:

The 56 series B842 has a full load ambient rating of 50 degrees Centigrade which is 122 F.

Thank you. It's cooler here than Death Valley, CA :)
I guess by series, you mean 56Y (frame 6.5" dia.)
-- Oren

re: I replaced the electric motor on my pool pump a couple days ago.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you suck!
I've been holding back turning on the furnace since it's only October. (Yeah, I know it's now November)
The house has occasionally dipped below the point where the furnace should fire up, but extra blankets and sweatshirts have worked so far.
Swim a lap for me, will ya?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

You suck too. We've had our furnace on for over a month already, otherwise it would be WELL below comfortable. (High today of 7C/45F, and they're saying a low of -10C/14F on Monday.)
Chris

we are getting COLD. Below 90 and my nips get hard :-/
-- Oren

re: ...and my nips get hard
Uh thanks...that was a visual I did not need.

A joke. Folks ask how I live in the desert. Below 90 it gets cooled off..
-- Oren

Simply another reason to keepo your pool euipment under cover. The sun beating on a black pool motor will make it hotter than the ambient air temp. That will make it burn out quicker. ... which prompts the question, what was wrong with the original motor?
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:38:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The motor was 12 years old and original. For the few years I've owned the house I fixed or replaced parts in the pump, as needed. I fixed the pump this time - shaft seal and saw where water had rusted the front shaft bearing...thus the awful noisy sound.
The new motor should be more efficient, but certainly has less noise.
Had it been a dog making this sound, I would shot it on the spot:)
-- Oren