Electric heater blasted off for mars

Page 2 of 2

It shorted out, then hot oil came out a seam and caught fire, creating more heat and acting like a jet engine. The noise was like a rocket blasting off. These are more economical than the gas furnace, so I use them all the time. From now on I turn them off when I leave the house.

I don't know how the elements are arranged in those. I suppose age had something to do with it.
Greg
On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 6:35:41 PM UTC-5, jasper smith wrote: These are more economical than the gas furnace, so I use them all the time.
Really? Electric heat is cheaper than gas?
On 11/19/2015 7:21 AM, TimR wrote:

Probably not on a per Btu basis, but the furnace will be whole house whereas can run a small space heater in a single room or two...

No. It had two wires.