Electric Garage Door Not Closing

Hi!

I have an electric garage door that comes down about 2 feet before stopping. In order to close the garage door, I have to close it manually. I have greased the track and there doesn't appear to be any hang-ups along the way in the track.

I think I need to adjust the garage door opener. The only trouble is, I don't know how. After reading several posts, I went out and looked for a knob to adjust the downforce or the amount of travel. I didn't see one. I don't have a manual, because the opener was already there when I bought the house.

I'm dealing with an EZ-Lift 500 Deluxe 1/2 HP opener. Anybody know how to adjust that? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Linda Boumarafi

Reply to
Linda Boumarafi

After making sure the door runs freely, check the case again. If you're lucky, there may be adjusting screws, and they may be accessible through holes in the case.

Also, while you've got the door disconnected from the opener, you could try operating the opener and see if it travels further without the door attached. (Verify whether the problem is the door or the opener).

If you haven't already got enough to worry about, you could check this:

Good luck. And always remember that free advice like this is worth what you paid for it.

Dick

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Reply to
Dick Hamlen