Electric Fence

I'm looking for a website that shows how to build an electric fence.... I've googled it , and only seem to find companys that want to sell the fence.... I want to go to Home Depot and buy the needed stuff and build it myself. A site with a detailed description on how to do this would be very helpful Thanks James

You attatch a electric fencer unit, to a specially built fence. Exact details vary depending on whether you want to keep in mice or elephants. Find a local farmers supplier.
--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@i.am | Ian Stirling.
It's pretty much the same as a normal fence, only you need to buy the transformer and some insulators which are like little plastic clips you simply nail to the fence.
News wrote:

Get somebody else to.
--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@i.am | Ian Stirling.
Guy I knew put it low so his dogs wouldn't dig. The boy dogs pee like girls now. Must have been Shocking! the first time.
| IanStirling.

Did you bother to click on the link I sent to you? So far, I am the only one who answered your question, but I'm pretty sure it will be the last.
--

Keep the whole world singing. . .
Dan G

(remove the 7)
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:41:48 -0500, "News"

Well, the available kits come with the instructions...
There are two parts to an electric fence. The first is the regular fence, the second is the electrical conductor/transformer. Build a normal fence, with normal materials. Buy the electric fence transformer, and the required length of wire (depends on what you're fencing, livestock is usually a single wire. Run the electric wire around the fence using the clips they supply, hook up the electricty and you're done.
Google "install electric fence" and you'll get plenty to wade through. The manufacturer's sites all have instructions online.
Jeff

Been there, done that. Not on purpose, but the buddy I was hunting with just had to try it himself to see if I was lying. :)
Jeff

I've never seen the necessary stuff at Home Depot. Try an Agway instead.
Dave.
I built one using an old Volkswagon spark coil.... An FET switch driven by a 555 timer chip for about 5ms till the current built up to 5 or 6 amps, then opened. About 5 pulses per second....
Any electrical engineer who does circuit design can do this. I don't think many of them work at Home Depot, or could buy the parts there (grin).
The ag supply stores sell electric fence chargers, wire, and insulators for about $40-$50. Probably your best deal...
Andy in Fink, Texas

Try any store with "Farm" and "Fleet" in its name.
You can certainly find fencers on the web too. I bought mine at a farm store for about $50 and it definitely keeps the woodchucks at bay.

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:41:48 -0500, "News"

Go Here http://www.fishock.com/install/pets_new.htm