Electric Fence

I hope you enjoy President Obama.
Robert Blass wrote:

some on this.) Common law and case law in this country does not allow indiscriminate and potentially hazardous defenses for property. In the case of the electric fence, what if it injures a kid, or a cop chasing a burglar, neither of which are subject to trespass laws. The kid, because they lack the capacity to form criminal intent, and the cop because, well, chasing bad guys is his job. Even on farms, the hot wire sits on brightly colored insulators for a reason, to make it obvious.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

That's why I told him to make sure the controller is UL listed.
Bob
Robert Blass wrote:

Entirely dependent on which state you are in. Compare say CA and TX if you want to see vastly different laws...

Google electric fences. They are all over the place and no, you won't get sued. They are designed to deliver electric pulses that hurt, but allow people and animals to get away. They are easily defeated by humans with tools, however. They are meant for livestock.
Thank you. I hadnt laughed that hard in more than a year.