Electric Fence

Page 1 of 2

Not for keeping animals IN but for keeping neighbors OUT. I'd like to put enough voltage on the fence to pain so much pain you'd scream and possibly loose you bowl/bladder controls but NOT enough voltage to do permanent harm or death.
I figure if it's legal for cops to taser you with 50,000 volts for as little as talking back to the cop or asking a question then my idea would be legal since trespassing is illegal everywhere.
I've seen cops on video taser someone with 50K volts for saying "officer why am I under arrest?" or "officer what did I do wrong" or "wait...." or even "uh,....."
I want my fence to make it clear that getting into or near my property is something you'd just be crazy to attempt.
Money is NO object with this plan and I couldn't care less how complicated it is nor how long it would take to construct. I am dedicated to this idea and would be willing to spend ANY amount of money and ANY amount of time to do this.
I'm not interested in a political or moral discussion on this plan. All I need is some ideas on how to do this. If you have some moral delima with my idea then maybe you should share this with someone besides me.
Thanks and I look forward to some ideas and plans without political or moral grandstanding.

If you hurt someone you will be sued.

Not only that, but boobytraps invariably nail the owner most of the time.
To the OP: quit being such a pussy. Set up a photobeam and rig up a half dozen shotguns to go off. Don't be afraid to go out into the yard and look around if you hear anything suspicious.

[rant snipped]

Any "low impedance" fence charger should work just fine for what you want. Get one that is UL listed. Expect to spend about $100 to $200 for the controller. (adequate high-impedance can be had for about $40) Check with your county to see if there are regulations on electric fences -- warning signs, etc.
Even the worst fence charger shock is about like touching a sparkplug; it's a sudden jolt that punches you then lets go. You can't possibly grab ahold of one for a lengthy shock; that's a safety feature. The old "weed burner" chargers were particularly painful, but I don't think any of them were UL listed.
--
Bob

the ambulance chaser lawyer who goes after you will love all the money they make.
a good hit on someone with a bad heart, might kill them..........
will 20 years in prison be enough?
the following:

CAN be sued, not WILL be sued.

not today everyone is sue happy, easy money
lets say someone gets hurt.
they or their family sign with a ambulance chaser lawyer.
lawsuit is free to the injured, if successful lawyer gets 1/3 as their cut.
deny it all you want, what your planning might hurt someone.
they get shocked trip, and fall breaking their leg. you had a illegal electric fence in a residential area.
you sir are toast.
theres a good chance you will lose your home just because of legal fees, even if you win.
now lets say a kid gets hurt, their parents can sue you now, or the child himself can untill 2 years after he or she turns 18.
frankly i wouldnt want that hanging over my head
Robert Blass wrote:

Yes. And every human being has different tolerance to electric zap.

Ideas, plans, just get bids.

just exactly what are the neighbors doing to bug you?
walking thru your grass or vandalyzing your vehicle?
after the lawsuit and court costs, both criminal and civil and the jail time you probably wouldnt be able to afford your home anymore.
security cameras, even dummy ones is likely a better solution
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:42:05 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

They are ON my property. *I* paid for it for my enjoyment

They didn't buy MY property.
Unless we negotiate a 'use' permit then they have no right on my property.

well get you affairs in order, if you have a family prepare them to be looked badly at. if you reproduced and have kids in school know they will be abused because of you.
your not very brite, hopefully you dont have kids.
considering a electric fence is one thing, like dreaming of robbing a bank and getting rich.
but carrying out this idea is stupid, and you deserve all the bad things that will happen to you.
lawsuits, criminal proscuetion, horrendous legal fees, public disdain, your picture in the paper in a bad way, losing your home and perhaps your freedom, if you end up in jail you will have the time to contemplate what you did wrong,

oh great.
someone gets killed or injured, you get a bad reputation in your town and lose everything you own, if not by a judges rulling but easily thru legal fees, defening yourself. lawyers are expensive.
so how are the neighbors hurting you? walking on your grass or vandalysing your property?
some security cameras may discourage bad behavir
incidently i tried posting a response like this yesterday but it never appeared
incidently i tried posting a response like this yesterday but it never appeared
*********************************************************************************8
It did here.
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

They are walking / loitering on MY property.
I paid for this property for MY use.
Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my property.
Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

bet its kids walking on your grass?
have you coinsidered a fence?
Robert Blass wrote:

I bet you are RED republican, right?

It's the Democrats that are "red".

You need to watch more news. Republicans are always "red."