Electric Dryer Temperatures

Hello. I have a 1996 GE electric dryer and I measured the following temperature ranges with a digital meat probe placed in the lint trap. The Lo and Hi are essentially the same, and it looks like the Lo temps are too high. Can anyone comment on this and/or suggest a way for me to fix it? Do I need a new Lo thermostat?
127 - 160 F on Lo (Knits) 113 - 136 F on Med (Perm Press) 125 - 159 F on Hi (Cotton)
Thanks. Kevin
Kevin K wrote

The low looks too high.

It it has a separate low heat thermostat, possibly. Some models use a 'bias heater' to achieve lower temperature settings but it would depend on the exact model number of your dryer whether yours uses one or not.
You can read about dryer thermostats at the following link:
http://ng.appliance411.com/parts/showcase.dryer-thermo.shtml
Poor venting and also cause problems with temperaures being off. If an electric dryer it is often possible to rule that out as a possible cause by totally removing the vent for a load or 2. If drying improves, you can be sure the vent is (at least part of) the problem.
BTW. Most technicians measure dryer temperature where the air exits the dryer at the exhaust.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=GE+dryer
=~~~~~~