Electric Dryer not heating up/drying the clothes

We have a Sears Kenmore model # 965864 "ultra fabric care" "80 series" "soft heat" clothes dryer. Right now, it doesn't heat up and the clothes don't come out dry.

Obviously, it's some sort of heating element. However, is this something I can repair or do I need a tech to come out?

Thanks!

Reply to
BuddyBiancalana

It may or many not be the heating element(s).

First does it get warm, but not hot?

There are several sensors that can cause it to not function. Do you think you can trace wires and use a meter to check out over heat safety sensors and the heat limit sensors?

If not I suggest a call to the repairman. Doing that work is not all that difficult.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan