electric dryer drum won't turn

-------------------------------------
Took apart dryer...drum out...and we still cannot spin drum by hand. Have cleaned all lint from all dryer parts...cleanest dryer in town! Shouldn't the drum turn by hand now?
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 1, 12:07 pm, dsgallagher_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (dsg) wrote:

Not very easily if you have it apart. The front of the cabinet supports the drum and makes it easier to turn.
Could you turn it before you took it apart?
Take the belt of and see if the motor is seized. The motor should spin very easily.
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/electric-dryer-drum-won-t-turn-618644-.htm dsg wrote: The drum would not turn at all before we disassembled...this is reason we took it apart. The motor seems to spin quite easily and the belt is not broken.
Limp Arbor wrote:

-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:07:53 +0000, dsgallagher_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (dsg) wrote:

try again - then check the "bogey" wheels if it still does not turn freely. I've replaced a lot of "bogey" wheels on driers over the years - usually because of a very irritating squeak or "grinding" noise. If the bogeys are ok and it won't turn with the belt off the "spindle" bearing is cooked, if it has one.
Add pictures here
✖
dsg wrote:

So was the belt squealing? Motor humming and smoking? Attempting to turn at all?
--
LSMFT

Add pictures here
✖
On 2/1/2011 11:07 AM, dsg wrote:

there are two rubber/steel/plastic rollers on the back of the cabinet that the drum rides on. they are probably fucktakated. They can be replaced. Lube them with hi-temp disk brake caliper lube.
--
Steve Barker
✖

ROFLMAO!! i love the tech talk...
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:05:50 -0600, Steve Barker

the have siezed the shaft or the bushing (or both) have been compromized anyway.
Add pictures here
✖