electric costs

Page 3 of 3

Funny thing here in Pittsburgh, we got miles and miles of rivers, and no hydro. They do have new turbines that need little or no channeling, or drop.
Greg

You still need a lake and some drop. The reason there is so much hydro out west is the government owned the land so there was not much resistance to making a Lake Mead or Lake Powell. You were not going to do that in Pennsylvania.
In Tennessee the government just bought/took the land very cheaply during the depression and WWII.
gregz wrote the following:

about 13.5 per kwh.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 08/04/2011 11:07 AM, gregz wrote:

I'm paying 8.6 cents (July bill) in east Texas (non-deregulated area).
BTW, that's the actual rate (total bill / KWh) not the fantasy rate theytell you before they add fees.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us