electric cooktop wiring

My Whirlpool 30" electric cooktop (model # RCS3014GB0) was uninstalled in a recent countertop reno. The wiring that led to the control dials was unplugged, and now i'm not sure what hooks up to what. any suggestions as to what/where i might find a diagram? i've looked all over, and can't find any illustrations.

thanks, bisca

Reply to
bisca

Possible you might have read the model number incorrectly?

Possibly a RCS3014RB ? The top link is an installation manual with wiring instructions.

Reply to
avid_hiker

Thanks for the reply,

I actually have that manual, but it doesn't specify or illustrate the actual connections on the underside of the controller panel. There's about a six wire break out from the outlet that then feeds out in various colours to underside of the four individual controller knobs. i can't understand why that doesn't exist in the manual.

avid_hiker wrote:

bisca

What are the colors, and do these wires have connector plugs? These wires are coming from the control area of the cooktop?

Reply to
avid_hiker

Talk with their service department at 1-800-253-1301

Reply to
avid_hiker

The colors are red, black purple.

avid_hiker wrote:

Reply to
bisca

they want to charge me $130 for installation.

Reply to
bisca

how many blacks, how many reds, how many purple's? and do these have connectors attached?

Reply to
avid_hiker