Electric chainsaw

I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired. Any input on what may be a better model? -- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.
S1

I know the answer, and I'm not telling ....... neener, neener, neener ...........................

......or-- I recall this article but didn't really read it but you can check it out if you're interested....Stevie the Nitwit

Avoid the one with non-metal gear, that's a common problem with gears stripping. Avoid the cordless too if you cut more than a few branches. Makita and Milwaukee makes some good electric ones.
I have had plenty of success with electric chain saws. I hate the noise and smell of gas chain saws. Also all the pulling is hard on my arms.
My most recent electric chain saw is a neat one I bought at Home Depot for $88. It is a remington. The saw is on the end of a 15 foot pole. It does a great job for trimming branch 20 feet in the air. No more climbing up a ladder. Also the saw can be taken off the pole to be used as a normal chain saw.
I have a big lot - so I just ran a remote outlet about 100 feet away from the house - so now I can cut about 200 feet from the house with an extension cord.
Harry
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:07:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cornell.edu (pj) wrote:

I've been happy with the Craftsman 16 in. Model #341151. Paid about $80 at Sears on sale. It handles well, uses very little oil, balance is pretty good, solid enough and cuts fast enough to take down small trees with trunk diameter of 12-16+", cutting smaller branches and logs is a breeze.
--
Luke
(pj) wrote:

I have the Remington that you can put on a pole or take it off. The one the other person wrote you about. I like it.