Electric caulk gun

Page 2 of 2

Floor joists when laying subfloor comes to mind. Not exactly typical home use of course.
: I can't see the need for me.
The OP didn't ask if YOU needed one.

kudos, buddy
Oren, there are folks on here that do quite a bit more than handyman their own home. You pump a case or two of NP1 or other good urethane caulk a day, even with a high leverage gun, and you may be looking for some power also. The real reason to consider one is the quality of bead - you can focus all your efforts on looks and installation. Until you have run one, it is difficult to explain.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Oh, I appreciate the tool or being able to buy one, if I needed it.
My worst problem with a regular DIY caulk gun was the caulk was cold. We put it the Sun to warm it up.

I have wrist problems, and a thumb I broke when I was 16. I have arthritis. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and sometimes when I grab something hard, it feels like I just grabbed a chunk of cholla cactus. So, I would like a battery operated one to run a case or two of caulking to fix after a less than stellar job by the dipshit builder of the house I bought.
Why does a guy who has a hand crank drill need an electric one? Why does a guy who has a hammer need a nailgun? Other than they want one, they can do more work with it in the same amount of time, and in a lot of cases, do better consistent work. And not work as hard, or get repetitive motion injuries.
I think it will be okay. My Mom's dead, so I don't have to clear it with her, either. Thanky DanG for the rational response.
If I went through all my tools and got rid of things that were just convenience, I'd get rid of half the stuff.
Steve

Autoglass installers. I have a CP and a Milwaukee.

I bought an air operated one from McMaster _ Carr a few months ago. I don't recall the brand (it is at the shop so I can't look) and it works very well. For $50, I should have bought it a lot sooner as it saves time, saves on the wrist for doing a lot of caulk. We used it for some rather heavy stuff that was difficult to pump in a hand gun. If you have a small compressor, go for it.

My FIL got a new pancake cheap at the pawn shop recently. Should do quite nicely. Put receptacles on the roof for Christmas lights, which will reach the compressor easily. It's cool here, and any caulk will be thick. Should be done in time for my snack and nap.
Steve ;-)