Elecrical Outlet overloading - Help !!!

One of the electrical outlets (115V) in our kitchen does not work due to overloading. Power failure occurred immediately after a 1000 watt microwave oven and another heating oven were powered on at the same time from one receptacle. I went down to the basement thinking that all it needs is replacing a blown fuse, but I was disappointed to see a 30 Amp fuse instead of 15 amp for our kitchen area. The fuse was not blown and thus all other electrical outlets in the kitchen are working. Obviously, something other than fuse was blown or damaged. I unscrewed the electrical outlet and saw one white wire, one black wire and the third ground wire. When I measured the voltage using my voltmeter, I do not get any reading - no power. Does this mean the wire was melted somewhere in the wall ? Any idea ? Anyone with the same experience and is kind enough to post the solution/repair ? Thanks in advance.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Is this a troll? Even though the fuse is 30A, the outlet probably isn't. You fried it. I *hope* your wiring is capable of 30A, because that is the alternative. Microwaves really should be on their own circuits.
Dimitri
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
@hotmail.com says...

Peter- I suggest you follow these steps:
1. Pull the fuse for that circuit or turn the breaker off. Immediately.
2. Call an electrician to sort out the problem.
You've got several problems.
Sure, there is an acute failure somewhere.
Since the incoming wiring to the outlet is dead, it means that the wiring path needs to be traced back to find where the failure occurred. In my experience it is most likely at a connection somewhere upstream, rather than "in the wall," but you never know. It could be smoldering somewhere and if you don't pull the fuse immediately, a fire could break out.
But the fact that someone put in an oversized fuse suggests that other dangerous measures might have been taken. A thorough inspection by a qualified electrician is warranted.
Good luck ; post the results.
Marc
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
says...

I agree with Marc. Remove that 30 amp fuse and do NOT use that circuit under any circumstances. Call a _qualified_ electrician immediately.........you have a very serious and hazardous problem. Continuing to use that circuit could start a fire! You'll probably have to have some new circuits installed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.