Elec oven heating element broken

Something happened to the bottom heating element and one end has broken off from the point where it connects to the back of the oven. Is this easily replaced, or do I look for a new stove?
Its only a few years old (5?) -- Frigidaire. I called the 1 800 # and electrolux answered, but no one was there.
Thanks
--

:O:
Wesley Dowling

www.partsdirect.com
It's an easy fix.
On May 10, 8:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lamey) wrote:

<snip>
Also www.repairclinic.com
Joe
On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:18:17 -0400, "MoonsOfJupiter"

There are at least two other choices, that it is replaced with some difficulty, and that it is replaced by calling a service man. :)
I don't know this brand or this model, but mine is easy. Turn off the circuit breaker for the oven. Put tape over the breaker so that no one else will turn it back on when you are in the other room. Make sure you have the right circuit breaker by turning the oven on. It should not go on.
In my case, it just takes unscrewing two screws at the back of the oven, pulling the wires out a bit, and sliding the flat metal sleeves off the flat metal tabs on the element. You'll probably have to pull the piece that broke off out of its sleeve too. Reverse to install the new one.
But someone else here probably knows your brand and you should wait for him for better details.

That's sad.

Get a new stove. I'll remove the old one from your house for $50 disposal fee.

Or it's repaired by duct taping it back together.

Or tape everyone in the house to a chair, door, or the wall. Use 5 to 10 rolls of duct tape on each person.

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:18:17 -0400, "MoonsOfJupiter"

$30 part, 2 screws and 2 spade connectors. Just be sure to unplug the range or trip the breaker.