elec heat is cheap? huh?

Page 3 of 3

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:36:25 -0500, AZ Nomad

Definitely not necessarilly true. Many places in North America Electric heat can compete TODAY with fossil fuels and win.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 7, 6:49 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

ca> wrote:

It would help if people would be clear about what they mean by electric heat, ie do you mean resistance heat or are you including heat pump systems? I think when most people use the term electric heat, they mean resistance heat.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:47:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

and oil in some areas.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 7, 8:19 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

on.ca> wrote:

Yeah, I don't doubt that it does in SOME special areas. But when you say MANY, then I think most of us would disagree.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 05:02:38 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

15? But then, how big IS an area?
I think I'm still safe to say many. Definitely not most, or majority.
Add pictures here
✖
ST wrote:

It's only cheap if the house is super insulated.
Add pictures here
✖

Electric could be the most expensive, depends on your rate. I have natural gas appliances and they are very reasonable to run. My electric bill is generally 10 to 20 X higher than the natural gas bill. USA needs many more nuclear power plants to keep electric costs in check.
Add pictures here
✖