Elderly Philips Washing Machine electrics

Both wash and drain motors have gradually slowed and stopped in an old Philips AWB091BR circa 1990-93. Searching on the net for the model number I keep getting Whirlpool washing maching parts. Are these the same parts as Philips for that period ?

As it's probably not worth repairing unless its something DIY simple and I've got quite a few bits of test gear, I took off the top and expected to find a PCB with thyristors etc. as the problem is common to both motors but nothing like like that is visible. Will there be a PCB further down in the machine below the drum. There's a bunch of about a dozen wires disappearing down there. The main motor is variable speed to 1000 rpm so there must be some form of electronic control or is it hidden in the mechanical wash selection switch at the top.

thanks

rusty

Reply to
Rusty