Elastomeric paint, ceramic paint, liguid vinyl vs Vinyl Siding ?

I have 2 story house ( lower story brick ) wih a fair amount of deteriorated hardboard siding . I have seen all those commercials about those coatings an wondered if they are mostly hype ( basically just improved but overpriced painting systems ) . I don't like the " cheap " look of vinyl but want something that will last . Any recoomendations ?

BTW can the coatings be purchased and applied DIY ( any URL links for info ) ?

Reply to
nospam4me