Ejector pump keeps running

My house is about ten years old and now the ejector pump in the basement is acting up. It used to pump for about 10 seconds and shut off. Now it runs for over 5 minutes. Never worked on one before. Is it easily serviceable?

Thanks, Dale

Reply to
Dale Frye

Most are, but it is a shitty job.

Open the access hold. With a flashlight, look for the switch and see if anything is holding it from moving. Toilet paper can get on top of it or around it and hold it in place. A stick or a water blast from a hose will usually free it if that is the problem. If you are concerned about the odor when you open it, pour a few ounces of bleach in the toilet then flush.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Oh my, arent you in for a wonderful suprise. Save your money and call someone else. Even if you know how to fix it (and you most likely dont) it will be well worth your money. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Unless of course you are on a septic tank in which case dumping bleach into the tank is not a good idea as you can kill the microbes that digest the solids.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I know my answer is going to invite flame...

Why we install ejection system in residential houses is still beyond me. Sure we have the technology. Are we that lazy to climb up a flight of stairs to take a dump or pee? Gravity still works very well. After all the ejector still have to rely on it.

Reply to
yaofengchen

No flame from me, I like the way you think. Anyone that can't make it up the steps to pee should be given a lethal injection. They are just a drain on society and by eliminating them we build a stronger race.

Have your parents and grandparents been eliminated yet? Keep and eye on them. Of course, you will have to get your head out of your ass to do that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Oh you are in for some fun. Not a pretty job, long gloves (old dishwashing gloves) would help.

Most likely the float on the unit is stuck. Its going to take a little work to free it up. Otherwise bite the bullet and just buy another one. Depending on use, they last about 10 years or so...

You can always keep the old as a backup up.

Tom

P.S. New ones arent very cheap either....

Dale Frye wrote:

basement is

serviceable?

Reply to
Sexytom976

With septic, you can't use bleach to wash clothing?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I like the way you think too... Elimination by letal injection? Since it's your idea, why not start with your own folks.

I wonder if you say the same thing to people without being shielded by your computer monitor. Ever wonder why we have so many people gone postal in this country?

Reply to
yaofengchen

We had two drain lines. The commode and sinks were on the septic system, but the washer drain and shower were on the other drain line.

PJ

Reply to
PJX