egress window

thinking of putting in an egress window in my old basement to comply with current code. (so I can sell house with more living space) How much work is it and how much do you think I could do it for? my friend said home depot sells an egress window for $200 I imagine I could build a cheap retaining wall for ~80? I do have a bay window directly above the window..this might make it difficult as I guess I would need to make the hole in the ground elongated to permit entry from the side.

Anyone else have a egress window with a bay window above it. (or some sort of overhanging part of your house) If so what did you do?

Tim

Reply to
Tim