Eggshell or Flat for LR

Just curious if anyone has used eggshell for a living room, and if they were pleased with the results. I've always used flat for walls (except kitchen/bath).

It seems that eggshell is more scrubbable, but I am concerned that it won't look as nice and elegant as flat. I guess it is a matter of taste.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Depends on wall condition, and style of house and room, mine is high gloss , do whats right for you.

Reply to
m Ransley

I've used the semi gloss. Seems cleaner to me. Just personal preference.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

-> Just curious if anyone has used eggshell for a living room, and if they

-> were pleased with the results. I've always used flat for walls (except

-> kitchen/bath).

->

-> It seems that eggshell is more scrubbable, but I am concerned that it

-> won't look as nice and elegant as flat. I guess it is a matter of

-> taste.

I've used it and I'm happy with it. It looks fine to my "common" eye.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Eggshell can look nice, but it takes some skill to apply in on a large surface evenly. Most people roll it on too thin.

Reply to
Tim Killian

Yeah, it's personal pref -- eggshell can be a nice tradeoff of a muted flat look with a little bit of a cleanability.

Reply to
Todd H.

the Benjamin Moore Matte finish is pretty nice. expensive, but goes on great. Cleanable like eggshell, but less sheen.

Reply to
Jack

I thought eggshell was a color, and could be flat or semi-gloss or whatever.

Be sure you buy what you intend to buy.

mm

Flat always looks best, although I've seen both eggshell and semi-gloss LRs and both looked nasty to me.

Reply to
Bob (but not THAT Bob)

I use eggshell in our living room because I have 3 small kids and a dog. So I will be having to wipe off the walls frequently. They say the new flats are more washable than in the past but my experience in the past has been the flats were not washable. I occasionally get a glare from a bright light but not bad enough not to use eggshell. I apply it with a roller fairly thickly and use Behr paint.

Reply to
mew

Hi, During the course of 5 houses, 1 cabin building, Eggshell was my choice. Buy best quality you can afford. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Definelty the EGGSHELL...and like Tony said...a good quality one!!!

Reply to
JasmynJade

Not in the sense used here. It's basically a flat but with a very slight sheen seen at extreme angles much like that of an eggshell. A washable flat paint.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

Thanks. I learn something new every day!

p&m

mm