Eggshell or Flat for LR

Just curious if anyone has used eggshell for a living room, and if they were pleased with the results. I've always used flat for walls (except kitchen/bath).
It seems that eggshell is more scrubbable, but I am concerned that it won't look as nice and elegant as flat. I guess it is a matter of taste.
Depends on wall condition, and style of house and room, mine is high gloss , do whats right for you.

I've used the semi gloss. Seems cleaner to me. Just personal preference.
-> Just curious if anyone has used eggshell for a living room, and if they -> were pleased with the results. I've always used flat for walls (except -> kitchen/bath). -> -> It seems that eggshell is more scrubbable, but I am concerned that it -> won't look as nice and elegant as flat. I guess it is a matter of -> taste.
I've used it and I'm happy with it. It looks fine to my "common" eye.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Yeah, it's personal pref -- eggshell can be a nice tradeoff of a muted flat look with a little bit of a cleanability.
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net /
Todd H. wrote:

Eggshell can look nice, but it takes some skill to apply in on a large surface evenly. Most people roll it on too thin.
the Benjamin Moore Matte finish is pretty nice. expensive, but goes on great. Cleanable like eggshell, but less sheen.

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:48:45 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"

I thought eggshell was a color, and could be flat or semi-gloss or whatever.
Be sure you buy what you intend to buy.

Not in the sense used here. It's basically a flat but with a very slight sheen seen at extreme angles much like that of an eggshell. A washable flat paint.
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:29:11 GMT, Steve Kraus

Thanks. I learn something new every day!
p&m
Buck Turgidson wrote:

Flat always looks best, although I've seen both eggshell and semi-gloss LRs and both looked nasty to me.
I use eggshell in our living room because I have 3 small kids and a dog. So I will be having to wipe off the walls frequently. They say the new flats are more washable than in the past but my experience in the past has been the flats were not washable. I occasionally get a glare from a bright light but not bad enough not to use eggshell. I apply it with a roller fairly thickly and use Behr paint.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

Hi, During the course of 5 houses, 1 cabin building, Eggshell was my choice. Buy best quality you can afford. Tony
Definelty the EGGSHELL...and like Tony said...a good quality one!!!