Efflorescence in my garage

My three car garage has several unsightly areas where efflorescence is blooming out of the concrete floor. I have power-washed the whole floor but that only increased the efflorescence after the water dried. The efflorescence is particular bad after I bring a car in from the rain and the rain water dribbles on the floor.
I know that this problem is only cosmetic but a prospective buyer might be concerned. I also understand that painting the floor or covering it with epoxy is counter productive because it will only spall and will therefore be more unsightly than the efflorescence.
Can I cover the concrete with a material that does not try to bond with the concrete? Something that can be laid on the top of the concrete? Ceramic tiles? Is thin-set impervious to efflorescence? Vinyl tiles?
Would appreciate any suggestions? Thank you
Walter
--

www.rationality.net

I would try the vinyl tiles.
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 6:41:43 AM UTC-5, CRNG wrote:

...hot tires will melt/discolor the tile.
There are interlocking rubberized mats that would cover the floor, but you might be able to see the efflorescence through the spaces in the tiles. The acid wash is worth a try.
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 7:55:07 PM UTC-4, Walter E. wrote:

ut

the

be

he

if the root problem is water under the floor, why not install a french drai n? either to a pump. or gravity to daylight, since a 3 car garage is pretty big, run a couple leads from the rearof the garage towards the front, in a reas you wouldnt be driving on. the walking areas.
no more water no more efflorescence.
wait say a year then if no more problems get the garage floor professionall y coated with epoxy.
personally i think too many people put too much time ,effort and money tryi ng to make their garage floor look pretty.
kinda like cleaning a toilet to eat off of........
garage floors are working surfaces.
although at home sale time making everything look perfect can net big bucks d