Effen Rebar - There oughta be a law!

People tend to telephone poles, because they know they are big and solid, plus they are easier to see. They expect mailboxes to be flimsy. And in most areas, telephone poles ARE set back from the road, for the same reasons.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

(snip)

Rural delivery areas I grew up in were generally country 2-laners with

50-ish mph traffic speeds. Didn't even think about the upscale subdivisions with curbside delivery.

As to your plow/tank trap- most highway plows (that I have seen) have a rubber or metal-with -shear-pin strip along the bottom just for such things. Need to sneak a tape measure into the coffee shop parking lot at 0-dark-30 some snowy morning, to see just how high you need to make the base.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers