Effects of sun on wood

Will sun exposure lighten or darken maple with an Acrilic modern finish.

Usually darkens.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

The wood itself...if there were any color added it may bleach out.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) writes:

My hardwood near the sliding doors lightened if it stayed dry, darkened if it was victim of a bad door seal and got wet.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
m Ransley wrote:

I just looked at a maple floor under a throw rug...very little difference light to dark but there is a marked difference in color - the protected portion is much yellower. Urethane, not acrylic.
In my experience, light woods generally get darker, dark ones lighter. Walnut for example gets lighter and warmer. Ditto butternut. Irrespective of the finish. I have a makeshift work table made of "white wood"...the sun has darkened the unfinished wood to a medium tan.
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico