Edenpure heater

I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this heater?
TIA
mike snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sure, it'll save money on energy bills. Any time you turn your thermostat down and use a space heater (which is all the Edenpure is) to warm up just the room you're in, while keeping the rest of the house cooler, you're going to save money. But you sure don't have to spend that kind of money on a space heater to do it. I saw some at Wal-Mart two weeks ago for less than twenty dollars...

Who cares if they have or not? They can't be trusted anyway, as their latest retraction of phony "test results" shows:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16691288 /
--
Regards,

It is an infrared heater. A high price infrared heater. A very high price infrared heater. The large model allegedly covers 1000 square feet with only 5,000 Btu. That is 1465 watts of power, or typical of any electric space heater. Heat is heat, a Btu is a Btu, no matter where they come from and what type of heater or fuel. It takes a given amount of Btu to get your room to a comfortable temperature. This will give off the same amount of heat as a $30 space heater from Wal Mart.

heater defies physics and it's heat doesn't rise to ceiling! Paul Harvey said so.
message

Yep,,a standard light bulb is 100% efficient heat wise,,all the electricity is converted to heat..What the Edenpure add does'nt tell You is that electricity is more expensive than gas energy so You will actually spend more than You save..I spose the filter idea is ok but how much are replacements? Also I bought an elec heater that did'nt last long because the fan drew air accross the heat elements instead of pushing air accross it,,the hot air dried out the shaft and it became a pain to oil and could'nt be trusted untended,,it would slow and trip the breaker.. I have a $35 Lakewood that works good for the bathroom or anywhere,,1320watt and 11amp..I think the safest space heater idea is the oil filled radiator type,,wo'nt start a fire if a piece of clothing lands on it,,it has lots of warm surface but none that's red hot..The more economocal of the elec heaters do'nt have fans at all,,all the energy is converted to heat..
On 24 Jan 2007 20:32:49 -0800, Dean wrote:

The electricity that goes to the fan is eventually converted to heat, so a heater with a fan is just as economical as one that does not have one.

I've heard that too,,OTOH I've heard it takes energy to cause motion..Does the fan motor convert 100% of the elec to heat as it moves the blades? If it does I still would think a separate fan circulating air from high to low or vice/versa would be the better option,,I've been wrong before tho.. Dean

Eventually, *all* energy winds up being converted to heat.
--
Regards,
danfathers had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Edenpure-heater-188215-.htm : It's simple, really--when was the last time you bought a product you liked and went online to say how much you liked it? Never. People only write about stuff online if they are NOT satisfied. So there might be 98 satisfied customers and 2 dissatisfied customers. Those 2 will undoubtedly post something negative.
mike snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 354061 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On May 18, 9:52am, dessertfathers_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (danfathers) wrote:

old post. Been out of the country or in a coma??